Unsweetened Chocolate -6oz.
Butter- 6 oz.
Coffee – 80 g.
Orange Liquor – 35 g.
Orange Zest – ½ tsp.
Eggs (Separated) – 5
Sugar – 170 g.
Salt – pinch
Sugar – 2 Tbs.
1. Melt Chocolate and Butter – Add Liquor, Orange Zest & 1/2 of Coffee.
2. Whip Egg Yolks with Sugar & remaining ½ of Coffee over double boiler until yolks reach 162 degrees and holds a ribbon: Light & Airy
3. Whip in mixer until cool.
4. Mix Yolks with Chocolate mixture.
5. Whip Egg Whites with Sugar until medium peaks form.
6. Fold Whites into Chocolate and Yolk mixture.
Portion into prepared jars.
Brown Butter Madeleines:
12 oz Butter
1¾ c + 2 T All-Purpose Flour
11/3rd Granulated Sugar
1 T + 1 tsp Lemon zest
2 tsp Vanilla Extract
1 drop Lemon Oil
Prepare Madeleine pan with nonstick spray and set aside.
Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
Brown the butter, strain and cool
Combine eggs, salt and sugar in a mixing bowl.
Place over bain marie and whip until light, fluffy and warm to the touch.
Remove from bain marie.
Whisk in lemon zest, vanilla and lemon oil.
Add flour and browned butter in alternating increments
Spoon batter into piping bag fitted with straight tip and pipe batter into each of the shells of the Madeleine pan.
Place pan into the top third of the preheated oven.
Bake8-10 minutes until golden brown and springy