1 Large Spanish Octopus
1 Small Head of Garlic, split in half
1 Small Serrano Pepper, split in half
½ Cup Olive Oil
Splash Sherry Vinegar
1. In a large braising pan, heat the olive oil until almost smoking
2. Carefully add whole octopus and sauté well on all sides.
3. Add hot pepper, garlic head and splash of vinegar.
Cover pan and roast in 350 degree oven for 1 ½ to 2 hours. Octopus should be tender when cooked. Remove from pan and allow to cool slightly and cut into 2 inch lengths.
Potatoes and Scallions
4 Small Yellow Potatoes, cooked and sliced
8 Small oven dried tomatoes
1 small clove of garlic, minced
4 scallions thinly sliced
Juice of ½ lemon
2 T chopped parsley
Shake of Hot pepper flake
1 T Olive oil
Salt and fresh ground pepper
1. In a sauté pan, heat olive oil
2. Add octopus, potatoes, tomatoes and garlic.
3. Sauté for 1 minute until heated and garlic is cooked
4. Add lemon juice and hot pepper, Scallions and parsley.
5. Mound on warm plate and top with smoked paprika mayonnaise
Smoked Paprika Mayonnaise
2 Egg Yolks
1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
1 Tablespoon Lemon Juice
½ Tablespoon Sherry Wine Vinegar
A Little Water to thin out
1 ¾ Cup Spanish Olive Oil
1 Teaspoon of smoked paprika
Salt and fresh ground pepper to taste
1. Whisk yolks with lemon juice, mustard and vinegar.
2. Slowly mix in both oils, thinning with water periodically.
3. Finish with salt, pepper and paprika.