Hawaiian Naragi (orange-striped marlin) Sashimi
- Kaffir lime
- Crystallized ginger
- Asian pear
Prepare ahead Kaffir lime and yuzu mixture; boil 1 cup yuzu juice and 6 ea Kaffir lime leaves. Remove from heat, set aside for one hour, strain. Reserve for service.
Crystallized ginger can be sourced at upscale markets.
Asian pear, sliced thin and diced.
Sashimi-quality Naragi or other variety desired.
Local Diver Sea Scallop Ceviche
- Fresh Sea Scallop (sliced horizontally)
- Chili pepper (jalapeno, habanero)
- Red onion (gentle with the amount)
- Sea salt
Combine all ingredients gently. Adjust seasoning to your taste. Serve immediately.
Hamachi (yellow tail) Crudo
- Sashimi-quality Hamachi
- Celery (sliced very thin)
- Asparagus (sliced very thin, lengthwise)
- Radish (sliced very thin)
- Micro celery (available in gourmet markets)
- Basil (chiffonade)
- Morel mushroom (lightly cooked with a touch of salt and pepper)
Bring yuzu juice to boil and pour over celery.
Cover and press with a weight (anything) to actually cook the celery slightly.
This should be done at least two hours ahead.
Use this compressed celery liquid to season the other vegetables when presenting this dish.
Arrange ingredients around, under and over the sashimi. Garnish with micro celery.